Your battery is one of the most important parts of your vape. If your battery isn’t working, then your entire rig will be out of action! That’s why we want to help give you some useful tips on how you can keep your battery in good shape and working for longer. These include:
Check For Damage
– You certainly don’t want to use a battery which appears to be damaged. Even if it seems like it’s still working, it’s only a matter of time before something goes wrong. Some common signs of a damaged battery include worn or frayed wrapping and failure to hold a charge. Also check for indents in the battery (including on the negative and positive posts). Indents can happen over time from the pressure of the connection. If you see any of these signs, it’s best to dispose of the battery safely and pick up new ones instead. Do not remove or replace the battery wrap.
Be Careful When Charging
– It’s a big safety risk to leave your battery alone when it’s charging. Overcharging your battery will not only decrease its lifespan, but also increase the risk of a malfunction. Therefore, always keep an eye on it when you’re charging it, and never leave it to charge overnight while you sleep.
Watch The Temperature
– Extreme temperatures can be a problem for your vape battery. Exposure to both extreme heat and extreme cold can result in damage. In general, most batteries are safest between 50-115 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to keep this in mind for whenever you need to store your battery too!
Avoid Flammable Surfaces
– One thing you don’t want to do is just leave your battery laying around, especially on flammable surfaces, metal tables or near water. You also need to make sure to keep it out of direct sunlight, as this can quickly heat the battery up to unsafe temperatures. As such, don’t leave your mod in your car or on a windowsill for extended periods, and instead try to keep it in shaded areas.
Use A Carrying Case
– Many vapers like to keep a spare battery on hand just in case they need it. However, you must be careful about how you store it. Just sticking it in a pocket or purse will not only make it easier for it to get damaged, but it could create a dangerous situation if it comes into contact with coins, keys or other metals. Always use a carrying case and keep the battery in the original packaging until ready to use.
Watch Your Usage
– Just like how overcharging can be bad for your battery, so can over-usage. Letting your battery run totally flat will also decrease its longevity. Should you notice your battery is running low, it’s best to go and charge it instead of using it until it’s totally dry. Should you let your battery accidentally get too low, charge it at the slowest rate that your charger allows for.
Know your Device
– Only use batteries recommended for your device. Don’t mix different brands of batteries, use batteries with different charge levels, or use old and new batteries together.
It’s always important to be safe when using electronics and vapes are no different. By knowing how you can best care for your battery, you’ll not just have a more enjoyable vaping experience, but a safer one as well. Of course, we also have you covered for whatever your battery needs may be (will link here to pages for batteries/chargers for each site)!