iTaste 2.0 MVP Kit with iClear16
The MVP 2.0 is a solid, well-built box mod with a plethora of features. The MVP is variable voltage from 3.3 volts to 5.0 volts, and variable wattage from 6.0 watts to 11.0 watts. The display will show how many puffs taken, your voltage/wattage output, and remaining battery life and atomizer resistance. It also is capable of acting as a passthrough, so you can continue to use the device while it's charging. The 2600mAh battery is large enough to provide 1-2 full days of uninterrupted vaping. The MVP can also double as a power bank, allowing you to charge cell phones, other e-cigs, or any electronic device that uses a USB charger. With 510 and eGo threading, the MVP is the most versatile and useful mod available.
Included with the kit are 2 iClear16 clearomizers. The iClear 16 is a top-coil clearomizer with amazing attention to detail. 4 wicks ensure that each of the dual-coils get enough liquid and never dry out and taste bad. The mouthpiece screws on, and has 2 o-rings on the top and a ribbed o-ring on the bottom to reduce leaking. Also, the plastic tube is held in place by grooves to reduce the possibility of the tube coming loose and leaking. This is the most consistent and best-tasting CE4-style clearomizer out there. Holds 1.6mL of e-liquid and produces a ton of vapor!
- iTaste MVP Variable Voltage / Wattage electronic cigarette
- 2 - iClear16 Clearomizers
- Multi-use USB Charger
- eGo connection cone
- Power On/Off: Press the fire button quickly 3 times.
- Display Puff Counter: Hold “P” or “U” button for 1 seconds.
- Display/Adjust Voltage: Hold “U” button for 2 seconds to enter voltage mode, then press “U” button to increase in .1-volt increments.
- Display/Adjust Wattage: Hold “P” button for 2 seconds to enter wattage mode, then press “P” button to increase in .5-watt increments.
- Display Remaining Battery Life/Atomizer Resistance: Tap the “P” and “U” button simultaneously. Resistance will be displayed first, followed by atomizer resistance.
- Charge External Devices: On the bottom of the device, flip the “Output” switch to the “ON” position, and attach your device through the USB connection.
- Charge the MVP: Insert the micro-USB connection into the “Input” port on the bottom of the device, and plug the USB connection into a USB port or adapter.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Awesome Device Review by Anthony
- Has NEVER failed me!!! Review by TimeSQTom
- Very Satisfied Review by Zach
- seems great Review by Randy
- Meh :/ Review by JB
In the case of this mod, the center (positive) pin of the connector is weak and won't support the sort of toppers you'd most likely use on it.
I've had mine for three weeks, treated it like a baby and only used it at my desk. I've solely used the Kayfun Nano i purchased on the same order, and therein lies the problem.
The pin is supported by a small rubber O ring which can't hold up to weight. The downward force pushed the O ring out from its seat and the pin fell straight down. I managed to get the O ring back in but it took a lot of fiddling and it will never be the same again.
This occurred despite i was conscientious about not over-tightening, just snugging down the topper, and then i would thread the beauty ring *up* to provide more support.
A quick google search shows this contact failure for a common problem with this mod. I don't know how a functional part failing after three weeks of light use doesn't constitute a manufacturer defect, but MadVapes tells me this is not covered under warranty. The rep who emailed me suggested a new spacer, from a circuit board insulator. I guess that's my best option but i'm pretty sure it means disassembly and soldering. (Posted on 10/2/2014)